“We are bringing new attractions to every Six Flags park every year,” said Jim Reid-Anderson, Chairman, President and CEO. “This season’s guest satisfaction scores are the highest in our history, and we want to continue that momentum by offering a combination of family-friendly fare and thrill rides for guests of all ages to enjoy.”
Among the 2012 highlights:
- Six Flags Magic Mountain near Los Angeles, which is the Thrill Capital of the World, welcomes the world’s tallest vertical drop ride, LEX LUTHOR: Drop of Doom! At a sky-scraping 400 feet, this engineering phenomenon drops riders at speeds of up to 85 miles-per-hour.
- At Six Flags Discovery Kingdom near San Francisco, SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight, a new launch coaster, blasts riders at over 60 miles-per-hour through two vertical twists and a high-flying 150-foot-high inversion, ranking it among the tallest inversions in the world.
- X-Flight, the only announced wing coaster in the United States, soars into Six Flags Great America near Chicago, and features 3,000 feet of intense high-speed drops and barrel rolls with no track above or below.
- Six Flags New England in Massachusetts debuts Goliath—a colossal boomerang coaster that sends riders up nearly 200 feet in the air, flying forward and backward over a twisting, looping inverted steel track at speeds up to 65 miles–per-hour.
- Six Flags America, just outside of Washington D.C., introduces Apocalypse, the park’s eighth roller coaster and first stand-up design that offers a two-minute adventure and features a 90-foot drop with vertical and cork screw inversions at 55 miles-per-hour.
- Guests at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey and Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio will have more to scream about with the introduction of SkyScreamer, the newest sensation in tower rides. SkyScreamer offers breathtaking views from open air swings that rotate in a 98-foot circle high above the parks.
- Thrilling water park additions are also on tap for next season. Guests at Six Flags St. Louis Hurricane Harbor will keep cool and have a blast at the same time on the all new Bonzai Pipeline, the park’s first extreme looping body slide. Hurricane Harbor at Great Adventure is also premiering this ground-breaking new slide while Alpine Freefalls, a Nordic-themed waterslide complex, is on tap for The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom in upstate New York. This multi-slide attraction will feature the park’s first free-fall speed slide and the region’s first twisted mat racer.
- Finally, the company is adding a variety of family rides, shows and attractions at several parks, including Six Flags Mexico, La Ronde in Montreal, Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas—America’s favorite show park—and a 45th anniversary tribute at Six Flags Over Georgia.
Press Release Link | Image Link